We are a satellite of Heretaunga College, and provide secondary schooling for teenagers who are pregnant or already parents.
- To maintain and develop the education and training paths of teenage parents beyond the birth of their children
- To foster the development of positive parenting skills among teenage parents
- To enhance the self-esteem of teenage parents
- To enhance the employment prospects of participants
Registered teachers on site, classes in:
- College and Correspondence School Courses
- NCEA qualifications
- STAR courses through the Open
- Polytechnic, Travel Careers and Training
- Healthy parenting classes
- Careers advice including visits to the Polytechnics and Universities
- First Aid certificate
- Opportunity to gain driver’s licence
- Social Worker is available on site to help with goal setting, WINZ entitlements, budgeting, legal advice and counseling.
- Transport can be provided door to door (by bus or van) – see the Office Administrator for more information.
- Support agencies such as Plunket, Midwives, NET & Family Start, VIBE, Youth Transition Service work closely with the school.
- A licensed and chartered Early Childhood Centre on site.
- The teachers keep profile books on each child with photos, paintings, and records.
- Breastfeeding is encouraged. New mothers have the option of keeping young babies in the classroom.
- Students feed their children at lunchtime.
- A Childcare Subsidy is available through WINZ, see the Social Worker for more details
- Monday to Friday
- Normal secondary school terms
- Classes are from 9.30am—3.15pm
- No student is turned away due to financial hardship.